Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome to the Drum Genie Blog!

The drums on all three of the Drum Genie apps were recorded in a professional commercial studio in Seattle, WA called London Bridge Studios. This is a studio known for its great-sounding large room, boasting credits for such acts as Death Cab for Cutie, Peal Jam, Fleet Foxes, Soundgarden, and the list goes on.

Some might think that it's an unfair advantage to show examples recorded in such a great room; however, in my recording series, The Hal Leonard Recording Method, I show techniques that get great drum sounds in a large or small room and in a few of my video and audio examples I contrast the differences between the sounds captured in each.

The Drum Genie examples demonstrate techniques and concepts that apply to drum recording no matter what the space. But I want to make it clear that the room in which you record makes a difference in the sounds captured by the microphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment